Stream video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Find the video that you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay.
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
How do you connect an iPhone to a TV?
- Connect With a Cable. By far, the simplest way to connect your iPhone or iPad to your TV is to use a cable like Apple’s Digital AV Adapter, which connects your Apple device to your TV’s HDMI port. You’ll also need a standard HDMI cable—any one will do, so just buy the least expensive one you can find.
On your iPhone, tap the blue “M” button to detect your TV. Once detected, tap the name of your TV. Afterwards, go to the Control Center, tap “Screen Mirroring”, and then tap the name of your TV to successfully connect. Then your iPhone screen will be mirrored to your TV immediately, and you can play any iPhone videos on your TV now.
- 1 Can I play videos on my iPhone through my TV?
- 2 How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
- 3 How do I connect my iPhone to my TV without HDMI?
- 4 Can I watch my phone on my TV?
- 5 How do I mirror my iPhone to my TV using USB?
- 6 How can I watch my iPhone on my Samsung TV?
- 7 How do I connect my iPhone 7 to my TV wirelessly?
- 8 How do I mirror my iPhone to my TV with HDMI?
Can I play videos on my iPhone through my TV?
On Apple TV or a smart TV, you can show whatever appears on your iPhone. Open Control Center., then choose your Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV as the playback destination. If an AirPlay passcode appears on the TV screen, enter the passcode on your iPhone.
How can I mirror my iPhone to my TV without Apple TV?
You can purchase a Lightning Digital AV Adapter directly from Apple for $49. You’ll use this adapter to connect your iPhone to an HDMI cable. Connect the HDMI cable to your TV, then connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the Lightning Digital AV Adapter. Your iPhone screen will instantly be mirrored to the TV.
How do I connect my iPhone to my TV without HDMI?
If you have an older monitor without an HDMI input, Apple also sells a Lightning to VGA Adapter. Once you have an adapter, here’s what to do: Connect the adapter to an HDMI (or VGA) cable. Connect the cable to an input on your television or monitor.
Can I watch my phone on my TV?
You can stream your Android phone or tablet screen to a TV through screen mirroring, Google Cast, a third-party app, or linking it with a cable. There are times when you’re watching something on your phone and you want to share it with the room or just see it on a bigger display.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my TV using USB?
Plug the adapter into the Lightning port on your iOS device. If you need to charge your device while using it, plug one end of a Lightning to USB or Dock Connector to USB cord into the second port on the adapter and plug the other end into a power source. Switch to the HDMI input on your TV.
How can I watch my iPhone on my Samsung TV?
AirPlay (video and audio)
- Step 1: On your iPhone, swipe down from the top-right corner to open Control Center.
- Step 2: Tap the Screen Mirroring button.
- Step 3: Tap the Samsung TV option presented.
- Step 4: If prompted, enter the code shown on your Samsung TV.
How do I connect my iPhone 7 to my TV wirelessly?
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Connect your iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
- Open Control Center:
- Tap Screen Mirroring.
- Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.
How do I mirror my iPhone to my TV with HDMI?
- Plug your Digital AV or VGA adapter into the charging port on the bottom of your iOS device.
- Connect an HDMI or VGA cable to your adapter.
- Connect the other end of your HDMI or VGA cable to your secondary display (TV, monitor, or projector).
- Turn on your secondary display.