- The main riff uses an open 5th string muted rhythm into a inverted power chord on the 3rd and 4th strings. It is a very simple riff to play with a straight forward rhythm. When combined with the groove being played by drummer Tommy Lee, it can sound like there is more going on with the rhythm than there actually is so watch out for that.
- 1 What is the easiest Motley Crue song to play on guitar?
- 2 How does Motley Crue tune their guitar?
- 3 How do you play Motley Crue Home Sweet Home on guitar?
- 4 What tuning does Motley Crue in?
- 5 What guitars does Mick Mars use?
- 6 What is Mick Mars tuning?
- 7 What tuning is live wire in?
- 8 What is EDIM chord?
- 9 What is AB chord?
What is the easiest Motley Crue song to play on guitar?
What are some of the easier Motley Crue songs for guitar? Dr. Feelgood is easy as well as Shout at the Devil if you can do a pinch harmonic. I learned shout at the devil in about 20 min.
How does Motley Crue tune their guitar?
The first thing you need to do is put your guitar into D tuning. Many of Motley Crue’s songs use this same tuning. The exact notes starting from the 6th string will be D G C F A D. So in other words, tune every string on your guitar down a whole step from standard tuning.
How do you play Motley Crue Home Sweet Home on guitar?
What tuning does Motley Crue in?
Many of Motley Crue’s songs were played in D standard tuning; however, we’ll be using E standard tuning here so you don’t need to worry about altering anything on your guitar.
What guitars does Mick Mars use?
But let’s be honest the two main guitars Mick Mars is known for is his Gibson Les Paul Custom and heavily modded Fender Stratocaster which includes parts from a ’63,’64, and 1965 Strat. This guitar is in an HSH (humbucker/single coil/ humbucker) configuration with J.M. Rolph pickups and a Floyd Rose vibrato.
What is Mick Mars tuning?
Mars frequently tunes his guitar down to D (rather than the standard E) to get a stronger and crunchier rhythm sound. The altered tuning also increases string slack to get his characteristic hammer-on trills, pitch bending and pinch harmonics during soloing.
What tuning is live wire in?
As usual for Motley Crue, Mick Mars tunes his guitar to D Standard. That means every string is tuned down one whole-step. Those notes are, starting from the 6th string, D G C F A D. I will go through each riff in the order that each appears in the song.
What is EDIM chord?
The E diminished chord (E dim or E°) contains the notes E, G and Bb. It is produced by taking the 1st, flat 3rd and flat 5th notes of the E Major scale.
What is AB chord?
The Ab chord is made up of the notes Ab, C, and Eb – including two flats in one chord. Now, if you’re calling the Ab chord a G# (because a chord by any other name would sound just as sweet), the names of the notes in the chord would change, but the tones would sound exactly the same.