The Play Store app comes pre-installed on Android devices that support Google Play, and can be downloaded on some Chromebooks.
Find the Google Play Store app
- On your device, go to the Apps section.
- Tap Google Play Store.
- The app will open and you can search and browse for content to download.
How do I set up Google Play Store?
- Here’s how you can setup your Google Play account on your Android smartphone before you can access the Google Play Store for the first time: ■Turn on your Android phone. ■Press the Menu button to go to the Menu screen. ■Locate and tap the Play Store icon from the apps list. ■From Add a Google Account window, tap Existing.
- For older versions of Android – before Android 8 Oreo so Android 7 Nougat and earlier – you need to go to your Settings menu.
- The next step is to download the APK – or installer package – of the Play Store.
- Now open the installer package – you might need to browse to it in your Files app to find your Downloads folder if you don’t know where it has
- On newer devices, you’ll be prompted to allow the app you’re downloading the APK with to install unknown apps.
- Open the Play Store – you might find it needs to download updates – and then you can browse and install other apps on your Android device.
- You can revoke the permission you granted in step 4 easily should you want to – just go into that particular app’s settings in Settings > Apps > Special
Former Associate Editor
- 1 How do I reinstall Google Play store?
- 2 How do I download Google Play apps?
- 3 Why cant I get Google Play on my Android?
- 4 How do I enable Google Play?
- 5 How do I uninstall and reinstall Google Play store?
- 6 How do I install Google Play services?
- 7 How do I install Google Play Store app on my PC?
- 8 How can I download apps without using Google Play?
- 9 Why cant I download apps from the App Store?
- 10 Why I Cannot install apps in Play store?
- 11 How do I get the app store?
- 12 How do I enable Google Play on my Samsung?
- 13 Why is Google Play not updating apps?
- 14 Why does my Google Play store say no Internet connection?
How do I reinstall Google Play store?
Uninstall & reinstall Play Store updates
- Make sure you’re connected to a reliable Wi-Fi connection.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap Google Play Store.
- At the top of the screen, tap More.
How do I download Google Play apps?
Find & download apps or digital content
- On your device, open Google Play Store. or visit the Google Play store on a web browser.
- Search or browse for content.
- Select an item.
- Select Install or the item’s price.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction and get the content.
Why cant I get Google Play on my Android?
Confirm that you’re using a supported Android or Chromebook device. You may have hidden the app and need to re-enable the app. Turn off your device and turn it on again. If you’re using a Chromebook, make sure that you’ve followed these steps to get the Play Store.
How do I enable Google Play?
1. Click on your account photo. 2. Click Settings, and scroll down to the Google Play Store section and click on TURN ON.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Google Play store?
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps. Some phones may have it listed as Apps & Notifications.
- Ensure it says All Apps at the top. If not, Tap the drop-down menu and select All Apps.
- Tap Google Play Store.
- Tap Menu. The 3-vertical-dot button on the Top Right Corner.
- Tap Uninstall Updates.
- Tap OK.
How do I install Google Play services?
Step 1: Make sure Google Play Services is up to date
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications. See all apps.
- Scroll down and tap Google Play Services.
- Scroll down and tap App Details.
- Tap Update or Install. If you don’t see these options, follow the steps in Step 2 and Step 3.
How do I install Google Play Store app on my PC?
How To Download And Run Play Store On Laptops And PCs
- Visit any web browser and download the Bluestacks.exe file.
- Run and install the.exe file and follow the on-
- Once the installation is complete run the Emulator.
- You will now need to log in using a Gmail ID.
- Download the Play Store and you are done.
How can I download apps without using Google Play?
From your smartphone or tablet running Android 4.0 or higher, go to Settings, scroll down to Security, and select Unknown sources. Selecting this option will allow you to install apps outside of the Google Play store. Depending on your device, you can also choose to be warned before installing harmful apps.
Why cant I download apps from the App Store?
Select “Settings, iTunes & App Store, Your Apple ID, Sign Out”. Restart your iOS device again (see above). Select “Settings, iTunes & App Store, Your Apple ID, Sign In”. Try to re-download the app again – hopefully it will now work.
Why I Cannot install apps in Play store?
With problems downloading and installing the application, you must clear the cache and data of the Play Store app. If that does not work, uninstall the updates. If it still does not work, turn off your SD card by going to Settings> Memory / Storage). Return to the Play Store and try to install the app.
How do I get the app store?
Apple iPhone – Install Apps
- From a Home screen, tap App Store.
- To browse the App Store, tap Apps (at the bottom).
- Scroll then tap the desired category (e.g., New Apps We Love, Top Categories, etc.).
- Tap the app.
- Tap GET then tap INSTALL.
- If prompted, sign in to the App Store to complete the install.
How do I enable Google Play on my Samsung?
Where can I find the Google Play Store on my Samsung Galaxy device?
- Go to “Settings”.
- Scroll down, then tap “Apps”.
- Tap “Google Play Store”.
- If the Play Store is already enabled, it will say “Installed”. If it is disabled, it will say “Disabled”. If so, tap “Enable”.
Why is Google Play not updating apps?
Check auto-update settings If you can’t update apps from Google Play Store, it is advised to check auto-update settings. You may have opted for the “Don’t auto-update apps” in the auto-update settings. That’s the reason why your apps are not getting updated automatically.
Why does my Google Play store say no Internet connection?
The Google Play Store app on your Android device stores some cache data on your device which could be one of the reasons why you are not able to connect to Google servers using the app and keep getting the “No connection – Retry” error message.