Solution 2: Set HDMI Device as Default Device
- Right-click on the sound volume icon in the lower right corner of Windows. A context menu will pop up.
- Click Playback devices.
- In the Playback tab, select Digital Output Device or HDMI option. Click Set Default and click OK.
How do you activate HDMI sound?
- Enabling the Audio Settings for a TV by activating HDMI sound and adjusting your Windows settings 1. Right-click the Volume icon by the time in the lower-right corner. 2. Click Playback Devices, the Sound window opens. 3. On the Playback tab, click Digital Output Device (HDMI) if it is listed.
If you would like to get audio output from both an HDMI device and your speakers, read on after the break. To get started, open Sound Properties from Control Panel. From the Playback tab, select speakers and click Set Default. Once done, head over to the recording tab and select Show Disabled Devices from right-click context menu.
- 1 How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
- 2 Does audio go through HDMI PC?
- 3 Why does my computer not play sound through HDMI?
- 4 How do I enable HDMI audio?
- 5 Do all HDMI cables support audio?
- 6 Why is there no sound coming from my monitor?
- 7 How can I play sound through my monitor?
- 8 Can a bad HDMI cable cause no sound?
- 9 How do I change the audio settings on my HDMI cable?
- 10 How do I transfer sound through HDMI?
How do I get my computer to play sound through HDMI?
Right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on ” Playback Devices ” to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the “Playback” tab, select “Digital Output Device” or “HDMI” as the default device, click “Set Default” and click “OK” to save the changes.
Does audio go through HDMI PC?
Surprisingly, the best way to transfer audio from a PC via HDMI is using your video card. Simply install the card and the drivers and the audio works. The Nvidia cards require that an internal SDPIF connection be made between your PC’s sound card or motherboard and the Nvidia video card.
Why does my computer not play sound through HDMI?
Your HDMI no sound problem can be caused by corrupt or missing audio driver issues. To fix the problem, you can try to update the sound driver. There are two ways you can get the right drivers for your sound card: manually or automatically.
How do I enable HDMI audio?
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray.
- Click “Playback Devices”
- Find your HDMI Output device, and either right-click it and select Enable, or open Properties and set “Device Usage” to “Use this device (Enable)”
Do all HDMI cables support audio?
Yes, all HDMI cables have the video and audio signals directly transported. You cannot have one without the other, so the HDMI cable is almost never the issue when you have just one of the two. If you’re having an issue with the sound, check the settings directly on your source.
Why is there no sound coming from my monitor?
Please check monitor, PC/laptop and connection. Check and make sure the monitor is not muted or volume down. 2. Check the PC/laptop setting: If connected by VGA cable, please make sure the audio cable is connected to the AUDIO/LINE/HEADPHONE OUT port and plugged into the AUDIO/LINE IN of the monitor.
How can I play sound through my monitor?
Right-click the audio icon in the system tray area of the Windows taskbar and select “Playback devices.” If you connected your monitor via HDMI or DisplayPort, click the name of your monitor in the list of devices. If you connected via 3.5 mm audio and DVI or VGA, click “Speakers.”
Can a bad HDMI cable cause no sound?
Yes, HDMI cables deteriorate. Common problems that may be signs or symptoms of a bad cable include no picture and no sound. If you suspect your cables have gone bad, you can try to check your system settings or buy a new HDMI cable.
How do I change the audio settings on my HDMI cable?
You can set the HDMI audio signal output of playback devices connected to the receiver via an HDMI connection.
- Select [Setup] – [HDMI Settings] from the home menu.
- Select [Audio Out].
- Select the setting you want. AMP: HDMI audio signals from playback devices are only output to the speakers connected to the receiver.
How do I transfer sound through HDMI?
You can check your computer’s settings by opening the Control Panel and then selecting “Hardware and Sound.” Select “Sound” and then click the “Playback” tab. Select your HDMI device from the list, click “Apply” and then click “OK.”