First, download and install the software from the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website. Launch VLC Media Player, insert a DVD, and it should rev up automatically. If not, click Media > Open Disc > DVD, then click the play button. You’ll find a full range of buttons to control playback.
- Choose either the 32-bit or 64-bit flavor, depending on your version of Windows 10. Launch the program from its Start menu shortcut and insert your DVD. Click the hamburger icon and select Open > Open DVD to fire up your disc. You’ll find the usual onscreen buttons to control media playback and more.
The steps to play DVD on PC with the free DVD player Windows 10 are quite simple. Just install and launch 5K player, create an account free for all features, then insert your DVD disc and click on the DVD button on the main window of 5K player. Finally click on OK to start playing DVD.
- 1 Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
- 2 Can Windows 10 play DVD movies?
- 3 Why does my DVD not play on Windows Media Player?
- 4 How do I get my computer to recognize a DVD?
- 5 What is the best DVD media player for Windows 10?
- 6 How do I get Windows DVD for free?
- 7 Does Windows 10 have Media Player?
- 8 Why won’t VLC play my DVD?
- 9 Why won’t my computer play my DVD?
- 10 When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
Why can’t I play DVDs on Windows 10?
Microsoft has removed the built-in support for video DVD playing in Windows 10. So we recommend you to use VLC player, a free third party player with DVD support integrated. Open VLC media player, click Media and select Open Disc. Now you can play the video on your DVD.
Can Windows 10 play DVD movies?
The Windows DVD Player enables Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive to play DVD movies (but not Blu-ray discs). You can buy it in the Microsoft Store. If you’re running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro, you can search for a DVD player app in Microsoft Store.
Why does my DVD not play on Windows Media Player?
If you see an error from Windows Media Player that says “compatible DVD decoder not installed,” this means that a plugin (called an mpeg-2 decoder) needed to play DVDs is not installed. However, the VLC Player program, available free of charge, will enable you to play DVDs or any type of video file.
How do I get my computer to recognize a DVD?
In order to resolve the Windows doesn’t recognize DVD issue, here are six solutions to get you started:
- Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
- Reinstall or update the driver.
- Remove and reinstall IDE/ATAPI drivers.
- Fix corrupted registry entries.
- Create registry subkey.
- Check BIOS settings and chipset drivers.
What is the best DVD media player for Windows 10?
So let’s take a look at ten best free DVD players for Windows 10.
- VLC Media Player by VideoLan.
- GOM Media Player.
- MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema)
- PowerDVD 19.
How do I get Windows DVD for free?
You are eligible to get the Windows DVD Player app for free if you upgrade to Windows 10 from the following Windows versions:
- Windows 7 Home Premium.
- Windows 7 Professional.
- Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Windows 8 Pro with Media Center.
- Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center.
Does Windows 10 have Media Player?
Windows Media Player is available for Windows-based devices. In some editions of Windows 10, it’s included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.
Why won’t VLC play my DVD?
The VLC not playing DVD problem sometimes may be caused by the wrong VLC DVD preference settings. Here is how to do it: After launching VLC, open “Media” menu at the top left corner, then select “Open Disc”, “Disc Selection” and “DVD”. When it is done, replay the DVD in VLC and it might be able to work.
Why won’t my computer play my DVD?
When your disc is corrupted or inserted improperly, your DVD drive won’t read the disc at all. Whatever the case, this leads to DVD playback failure on computers. Some CD DVD drives can read both DVD+R and DVD-R discs. However, some CD/DVD-ROM drives can only read one of them.
When I put a CD in my computer nothing happens Windows 10?
This probably occurs because Windows 10 disables autoplay by default. Hold down the Windows + R keys to open the Run window.