You’ll be asked what you want to do—select “Upload songs to Google Play”. This application also allows you to download copies of music you’ve uploaded or purchased. Select the location where your music is stored on your PC. If you have it stored in your iTunes or Windows Media Player library, select that option.
Can you upload your own music to Google Play?
- If you’re still carrying around an MP3 player to listen to your song files, Google’s got some good news for you today. The company announced that starting now, you can upload 50,000 of your own music files to Google Play Music, so you can stream them on your Android phone or iPhone.
You can upload music right from your web browser, assuming that web browser is Google Chrome. This is ideal if you’re just uploading a few songs (rather than an entire library). On the Google Play Music website, click the menu button in the top left corner of the screen and click “Upload Music”.
- 1 How do I add my own music to Google Play?
- 2 How do I upload music from my computer to Google Play?
- 3 How do I add music from YouTube to my Google Play?
- 4 Why is Google Play no longer available?
- 5 How much is a song on Google Play?
- 6 What happened to Google Play Music?
- 7 Where can I upload my music?
- 8 What can I use instead of Google Play Music?
- 9 Where can I find my Google Play Music?
- 10 Are they getting rid of Google Play Music?
- 11 Is Google Play Music being discontinued?
- 12 How do I fix Google Play Music Not available?
How do I add my own music to Google Play?
Why can’t we upload on Android? To upload:
- Tap the three-line menu icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap Upload music.
- Drag and drop your music into the window.
- If you haven’t already added Google Play Music for Chrome, Google will prompt you to add it so that it can commence the upload.
How do I upload music from my computer to Google Play?
How to Upload Music from PC to Google Play
- Login to Google Play and select “Music” on the left pane.
- Select “My Music” in the left pane.
- Select the Menu button located at the upper-left corner.
- Choose “Upload music“.
- Drag any music files you wish to copy over to the window.
How do I add music from YouTube to my Google Play?
There are two ways to transfer your music over. 1: Head to music.youtube.com/transfer and click Transfer. 2: On the YouTube Music app, tap your profile picture and then Settings > Transfer > Transfer from Google Play Music. And that’s it.
Why is Google Play no longer available?
Google Play Music store is no longer available. This is part of Google’s process of moving its music streaming services to YouTube Music. The tech giant is encouraging users to transfer their Play Music library and data to YouTube Music, or download songs through other ways.
How much is a song on Google Play?
Any music you purchase on Google Play Music will also be added to your collection. Each song can be up to 300MB. On top of that, you’ll get YouTube Red bundled in, which we will talk more about later. A single account costs $9.99 while a family account can contain up to six members and costs $14.99.
What happened to Google Play Music?
Google started the process of shutting down Google Play Music in October last year. By December, it officially shut down, and users were encouraged to shift to YouTube Music. Until now, Google has retained the music and data of users on Google Play Music but this will be deleted come February 24.
Where can I upload my music?
The 5 best websites for musicians and bands to host music
- Bandzoogle. Shameless plug, yes, but if you only host your music on one website, make it your own band website.
What can I use instead of Google Play Music?
Table of contents
- Video — Some of the best Google Play Music alternatives.
- Apple Music.
- Amazon Music.
Where can I find my Google Play Music?
Any music you’ve purchased will now appear in the uploads section of YouTube Music, which can be found in the right-side tab when browsing your library or viewing search results.
Are they getting rid of Google Play Music?
Google had announced in August last year that Google Play Music is going to shut down. The process of the shutdown started in October and then in March this year, Google removed the ability for users to download their Play Music library via Takeout.
Is Google Play Music being discontinued?
But don’t worry, Google now has an easy way to move your music library, playlists and preferences over to YouTube’s music-streaming service. It’s official: YouTube Music will fully replace Google Play Music this month.
How do I fix Google Play Music Not available?
Top 12 Ways to Fix Google Play Music Not Showing Songs
- Restart Phone. If you recently added new songs to your phone and they aren’t showing, begin by restarting your phone.
- Refresh Play Music.
- Change Storage Location.
- Remove Memory Card.
- Clear Cache.
- Change Music Folder.
- Disable Downloaded Only.