Play Music with Multiple Alexa Devices
- Open the Alexa app.
- Open Devices.
- Select Plus, and then select Combine Speakers.
- Select Multi-room music.
- Follow the instructions in the app to complete the setup.
- If you have multiple Echo devices around the house, you can play multi-room music so the tunes waft throughout your home. In the Alexa app, tap Devices, select the plus (+) button, and choose the Combine speakers option.
1. Open the Alexa app and select Devices. 2. Tap the plus sign in the top-right corner and select Set Up Multi-Room Music. 3. Choose the speakers you want included and tap Next. 4. Give the group a name and then Save. 5. To begin playback, simply say “Alexa, play [music selection] on [group name].”
- 1 How do I play music on Alexa everywhere?
- 2 Why can’t I set up multi-room music with Alexa?
- 3 What to say to play music on all Alexa devices?
- 4 Can you play music on 2 Echos at the same time?
- 5 Why is my Alexa device not playing music?
- 6 Why can’t I set up multi-room music?
- 7 Why is my Alexa playing in a different room?
- 8 Can 2 Alexas play different music?
- 9 How do I play music from my phone on Alexa?
- 10 Can I use Alexa to listen to another room?
- 11 How do you play music on multiple echos?
- 12 Can you have 2 Echo dots on one Amazon account?
How do I play music on Alexa everywhere?
To play music on all your compatible Echo devices in the ‘everywhere’ group, just say “Alexa, play music everywhere.” For additional flexibility, you can set up additional Multi-room audio speaker groups via the Alexa app with a specific name, like ‘downstairs’ and then say “Alexa, play music downstairs.”
Why can’t I set up multi-room music with Alexa?
Multi-Room Music doesn’t play if Alexa can’ t understand your group name or if there are connectivity issues. Choose which speakers play music when you say “Play music in the [group name].” Set a preferred speaker for your device group. Make sure that your devices are powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
What to say to play music on all Alexa devices?
When you’re ready to start listening to music, just say “Alexa, play [favorite playlist] on [group name].” You can create multiple speaker groups, and you can even connect your Sonos, Bose and JBL speakers if you have an Echo Input.
Can you play music on 2 Echos at the same time?
Amazon this morning announced a new feature for its Echo devices called “ multi-room music,” which allows owners with more than one Echo to control where their music is played, or even sync it across a group of Echo devices using voice commands.
Why is my Alexa device not playing music?
One of the most popular and go-to solutions for fixing any Alexa device when the music stops playing, or any other problem, is to unplug the device, wait for a minute and then plug it back in. Simply moving the Alexa device to a higher location could also increase Wi-Fi connectivity and solve the problem.
Why can’t I set up multi-room music?
2 Make Sure the Devices are Turned On Check every speaker connected to your multi-room music group and make sure they’re on and functioning. If your speakers aren’t on, they can’t play music or even receive the command.
Why is my Alexa playing in a different room?
It’s getting to be annoying. Is the Alexa you’re asking to play music on, in a group? If so, open your Alexa app and check if the preferred speaker for that group is set to the Alexa in the kitchen. Removing the kitchen Alexa from preferred speaker should help.
Can 2 Alexas play different music?
Yes, you can play music on all your Alexa devices simultaneously. And the best part is that you can connect and access all these devices through a single account. By syncing up several devices, you can even choose to play different music on each device or a group of devices.
How do I play music from my phone on Alexa?
You can also stream music from your mobile device to your Echo via Bluetooth. With your phone or tablet nearby, say “Alexa, pair,” and your Echo goes into pairing mode. Open the Bluetooth settings screen on your device and wait for the Echo to show up in the list of devices available for pairing.
Can I use Alexa to listen to another room?
The Alexa app is available for iOS and Android devices and can be used as an Amazon Alexa remote to listen remotely so you can give commands to Alexa from anywhere. This will mean that even if you are at the gym or sitting in a different room in the house you can listen to Alexa in any of your rooms.
How do you play music on multiple echos?
How to Set Up Multi-Room Music on Amazon Echo
- To set up the feature, open the Alexa app on your phone and go to the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Hit the + icon in the top right-hand corner.
- Select Add Multi-Room Music Speakers.
- Choose your speakers from the list.
- Enter a group name.
Can you have 2 Echo dots on one Amazon account?
You can order as many Echo devices under one account as you need for your household. When you place an order for a second Echo device use your Amazon account to activate it, a majority of the settings on your existing device will automatically transfer to the new one.