Drag-and-drop a video file type Chrome supports — like an MP4 file — into the Chrome browser window and Chrome can play that video file back in a tab. Click the Google Cast extension icon, select your Chromecast, and you can Chromecast the current tab — and the video playing in it.
How can I play local music on Chromecast?
- Play local Video or music Drag your local files to chrome browser, or press Ctr + O to browse and import your files. And then your video will be played in Chrome’s built-in video viewer. Then click the Cast current tab on your browser to stream media files to Chromecast and then play it on TV.
Play local Video or music. Drag your local files to chrome browser, or press Ctr + O to browse and import your files. And then your video will be played in Chrome’s built-in video viewer. Then click the Cast current tab on your browser to stream media files to Chromecast and then play it on TV.
How do I play videos from my phone to Chromecast?
Cast videos with a phone or tablet
- Connect your phone or tablet and your Chromecast to the same wireless network.
- On your phone or tablet, open Google Play Movies & TV.
- At the bottom, tap Library. Movies or TV shows.
- Select a movie or show.
- Tap Cast.
- Select your Chromecast from the list.
- Tap Play.
How do I Chromecast local video from my Android?
Cast video to your Android TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Android TV.
- Open the app that has the content you want to cast.
- In the app, find and select Cast.
- On your device, select the name of your TV.
- When Cast. changes color, you’re successfully connected.
Can you play your own videos on Chromecast?
Yes, you can. Although Google markets this $35 pod as a way to stream video, audio and images from Internet sites and apps to whatever TV it’s plugged into — and its help pages don’t describe any other use — the Chromecast can also play many files on your computer, phone or tablet.
How do I play downloaded videos on my TV?
Cast to Your TV. Open a video streaming app on your phone. Many popular streaming apps like Netflix and YouTube support casting from your phone to your TV. Open the same video streaming app on your TV.
How do I cast downloaded movies to my TV?
The App You’ll Need: LocalCast As you probably know, you can use Google Photos to get photos and video from your phone to your TV with its built-in casting option. On Android, you can also use this to cast locally stored movies from your phone to your TV by jumping into the Device Folders menu, then finding your movie.
What video players work with Chromecast?
The VLC media player is one of the most user-friendly platforms available for video playback, making it a great option among free media players. And as of its 3.0 version released in 2018, you can now cast VLC from your Mac or PC to a Chromecast-connected TV.