The trick is to use your phone’s default browser, Safari:
- Open Safari and go to ‘YouTube.com’
- Now search for the music video you want to listen to.
- Tap the ‘Aa’ icon in the address/search bar.
- Choose ‘request desktop site’ from the drop down menu.
- Hit ‘play’ on your video.
Does Youtube music play in the background?
- The music from YouTube will play in the background as you navigate through your device. While this should be a built-in feature in the YouTube app, there doesn’t seem to be a timeline of when it will (or if it ever will) happen, but there is a tweak that can provide some help if you’re jailbroken for the time being.
- Launch Firefox or Chrome as you would normally and go to the YouTube website.
- Navigate to the video you want to play in the background.
- Go to the Settings menu by tapping the three dots in the upper-right corner of the window. Afterward, tap Request desktop site.
- Start playing the video, and press the Home button to close your browser.
How do I get YouTube to play in the background?
Navigate to the video you want to play in the background. Go to the Settings menu by tapping the three dots in the upper-right corner of the window. Afterward, tap Request Desktop Site. Start playing the video, and press the Home button to close your browser.
Can YouTube videos run in background?
For Android devices, YouTube videos can be played in the background via Google Chrome or picture in picture mode. For Apple smartphones, streaming videos with YouTube minimized can be done with the help of browsers like Opera and Dolphin.
Why is my YouTube not playing in the background?
Restart the YouTube app or reboot your device If the YouTube app or your mobile device has been running for some time, there may not be enough resources for background play to work smoothly. Try closing the YouTube app or rebooting your phone.
How do you watch YouTube while using other apps IOS 14?
Activating Picture in Picture Mode
- Open Safari.
- Navigate to the YouTube website.
- Find a video that you want to watch.
- Tap on the square icon at the bottom to put the YouTube media player in full screen mode.
- Tap on the video to display the controls.