How to Play a Spotify Playlist on Alexa
- Open the Alexa app and tap on Play.
- Scroll through the Spotify Playlists section and tap on the one you want to listen to.
- Choose the Alexa device that will play your Spotify playlist.
How do I set up Spotify on Alexa?
- How to setup Spotify on Alexa Download the Amazon Alexa app from the Google Play or App store and follow the prompts to set up your new Amazon Echo or Echo Dot. Once connected, go to ‘Settings,’ select ‘Music,’ click ‘Link New Service,’ and then tap ‘Spotify’ to input your Spotify username and password.
After setting up the Spotify account, you will be able to ask Alexa to play Spotify music and you can control the music playback as you want. Generally, you can use the activation word “Alexa” plus the action phrase you want to interact with the smart assistant. It should start to play the songs under your Spotify Premium account.
- 1 How do I get Alexa to play my playlist?
- 2 Why won’t my Alexa play Spotify when I ask?
- 3 Can you ask Spotify to play my playlist?
- 4 Why is Alexa not playing my playlist?
- 5 Can Alexa play personal playlists?
- 6 Why does my echo DOT not play Spotify?
- 7 What are the best playlists on Alexa?
- 8 Do you need Spotify Premium for Alexa?
- 9 What is Spotify wake word?
- 10 Can you talk on Spotify?
- 11 Can you voice control Spotify?
- 12 How can I play a specific song on Alexa for free?
- 13 What do I do if Alexa won’t play music?
How do I get Alexa to play my playlist?
To see your playlists, open the Alexa app on (Android, iOS) or go to alexa.amazon.com. In the left menu, click Music, Video, & Books and select My Music Library. However, to manually build or edit your playlist, you’ll have to go to music.amazon.com or use the Amazon Music app (Android, iOS).
Why won’t my Alexa play Spotify when I ask?
One of the most common reasons why users run into this issue is that they log out of their Spotify account at some point. This is why Alexa is no longer able to play Spotify. If you are sure that you’ve not logged out of your account then we recommend that you unlink the account from Alexa and then link it again.
Can you ask Spotify to play my playlist?
You can also ask Spotify to play music based on genre, mood, or activity, and you can ask for Spotify-curated playlists on a free account. If you have a Spotify Premium account, you can ask for something specific to be played, and Spotify will instantly serve it up.
Why is Alexa not playing my playlist?
You need to have an active subscription to either Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited to play songs with Alexa. If you don’t have an active subscription, Alexa will not play the requested songs. In some countries, you will have different options such as Your Prime Membership.
Can Alexa play personal playlists?
Just say, “ Alexa, ask My Pod to play my playlist.” You can then use “Next track,” “Previous track,” “Pause,” “Play,” and “Stop” to control playback, without having to say “ask My Pod” first.
Why does my echo DOT not play Spotify?
There is no definitive fix for the errors, but a good start to troubleshooting the problem is to reboot the speaker. Then unlink your Spotify account and sign in again. If you’re having trouble streaming Spotify through your Echo, try unlinking the Skill in the Alexa app. 7
What are the best playlists on Alexa?
Here are 11 best Amazon Music playlists you need to ask Alexa to play for you now:
- 90s Hip-Hop BBQ.
- Roadtrip: 90s Alternative.
- 50 Great Songs from the Last 10 Years.
- The Littlest Hipster.
- Modern Country Workout.
- 50 Great R&B Slow Jams.
- Classic Rock Dinner Party.
- Remedy for Rage.
Do you need Spotify Premium for Alexa?
While other voice assistants limit the use of Spotify in an effort to promote their own streaming music services, Spotify users will find Alexa quite welcoming. Spotify requires a premium (paid) account in order to use the service with Alexa.
What is Spotify wake word?
Spotify has begun rolling out a wake word feature to allow users hands-free control of their music streaming. The “Hey Spotify” wake word is an addition to the voice-activated search option that has previously only been available for Premium users.
Can you talk on Spotify?
Connect with friends while listening to your favorite music Spotify chat is an integration of a chat/messaging system into spotify desktop app.
Can you voice control Spotify?
Tap Voice interactions (iPhone) or scroll to Voice (android). You can either: Turn off the “Hey Spotify” wake word. This means you’ll need to tap every time you want to make a voice request.
How can I play a specific song on Alexa for free?
There are a few different ways to get free music from your Echo Dot:
- Link a free music service to your Dot through the Alexa app.
- Play music from a linked device through your Dot.
- Play music in your own personal library through the Dot.
What do I do if Alexa won’t play music?
What can I do if Alexa won’t play music?
- Improve your internet speed.
- Confirm that your subscription is active.
- Restart your Echo.
- Choose Prime as your default music provider.
- Confirm that the song is available.
- Open your firewall ports.
- Set your country in Amazon.
- Disable explicit filter.